The chrome plated steel bar is a connecting part that supports the work of the piston. Most of them are used in the cylinder and cylinder movement executing parts, and are a moving part with frequent movement and high technical requirements. Taking a hydraulic cylinder as an example, it consists of a cylinder, a piston rod (cylinder rod), a piston, and an end cover. The quality of its processing directly affects the life and reliability of the entire product.
The piston assembly includes: a piston, a piston ring, a support ring, a piston rod, and the like. Depending on the type of construction, the piston can be divided into a cylindrical piston (longer than the diameter), a disc piston (longer than the diameter), a stepped piston, a combined piston and a plunger piston.
Role of the piston rod
The function of the piston rod is to connect the piston and the crosshead, transmit the force acting on the piston and drive the piston to move.
Basic requirements for the piston rod:
(1) Have sufficient strength, rigidity and stability.
(2) Good wear resistance and high processing accuracy and surface roughness requirements.
(3) Minimize the effects of stress concentration on the structure.
(4) Ensure reliable connection and prevent looseness.
(5) The design of the piston rod structure is to facilitate the disassembly and assembly of the piston.