The main function of the piston rod when it is used is to connect the piston and the crosshead, and to some extent transmit the force acting on the piston and drive the piston to move.
Basic requirements for the piston rod:
(1) have sufficient strength, rigidity and stability;
(2) Good wear resistance and high processing precision and surface roughness requirements;
(3) Minimize the effect of stress concentration on the structure;
(4) Ensure reliable connection and prevent loosening;
(5) The design of the piston rod structure is to facilitate the disassembly and assembly of the piston.
When the piston rod is used, the rolling process is mainly used, which can effectively improve the corrosion resistance of the surface, and delay the generation or expansion of the fatigue crack to a certain extent, thereby improving the fatigue strength of the cylinder rod. By rolling forming, the rolling surface forms a cold hardening layer, which reduces the elastic and plastic deformation of the grinding contact surface, thereby improving the wear resistance of the cylinder rod surface and avoiding burns caused by grinding. After rolling, the surface roughness value is reduced to improve the compounding property. At the same time, the friction damage to the sealing ring or the sealing member during the movement of the cylinder rod piston is reduced, and the overall service life of the oil cylinder is improved. The rolling process is an efficient and high quality process.